Tips to Help Keep Your Baby Safe
September 6, 2016September is Baby Safety Month, a month-long event to increase consumer awareness of safety issues and the selection of safe baby products. We want to share some important tips with parents and caregivers so they know what they can do to help improve their babies’ safety year-round.
- Diet – Eat a well-balanced diet during pregnancy. If you are thinking about becoming pregnant, start focusing on your eating habits. Make sure you’re getting the vitamins and nutrients you need to prime your body for your baby.
- Exercise – Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise each day. Every person’s health needs are different, so it’s best to talk to your doctor about an exercise program that is right for you before and during pregnancy.
- Avoid Toxins – Do not use cigarettes, alcohol or drugs. When you are trying to conceive, cut out these harmful substances to improve your fertility. It is especially important to avoid these substances once you are pregnant.
- Prenatal Vitamins – Start prenatal vitamins three months before pregnancy, or as soon as you know you are pregnant. Look for prenatal vitamins with folic acid and DHA to help prevent birth defects and to support your baby’s brain development.
Baby Product Best Practices
- Register Your Products – Complete and return product registration cards so manufacturers can contact you about any recalls.
- Know When to Buy New – Books and clothes are OK to buy second-hand. But car seats, cribs and breast pumps are best to buy new for you and your baby’s safety.
- Check for Recalls – Second-hand products, such as toys and swings, can save money. But before using them, be sure to check that such items are fully functional and have not been recalled.
Vitamins to Support Mom and Baby
Prenate® Vitamin Family is committed to providing nutritional support for mothers and babies. With products designed with the patient in mind, Prenate® offers a line of prescription prenatal vitamins for each stage and every special need of pregnancy. Expecting mothers can save on their prescription prenatal vitamins with our savings cards. Click here to get your coupon now and pay only $18 per prescription refill! Talk to your doctor to see if Prenate® vitamins may be right for you to help fill nutritional gaps.