Prenate® Restore: The First Prescription Prenatal Vitamin with Probiotics
July 9, 2016
By definition, prenatal nutrition addresses the nutrition recommendations for women before and during pregnancy. But with the stress of childbirth and the challenges of caring for an infant , moms can forget that their postnatal nutrition is also important.
Nutrition for Breastfeeding Moms and Babies
Because of the numerous benefits to mothers and their babies, breastfeeding exclusively for one to six months after delivery is recommended by both the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the American Academy of Pediatrics. These groups also recommend that mothers continue breastfeeding as other foods are introduced in months 7 to 12.1,2
Moms who breastfeed need increased nutritional intake to restore their reserves and support infant growth.3,4 During this time, nutrients are preferentially partitioned to mammary glands at the expense of maternal reserves.
Restore Mom, Nurture Baby
Prenate® Restore is a prenatal and postnatal vitamin with probiotics and 11 nutrient forms important nutrients. Its ingredients were selected to support the nutritional needs of mom and baby during pregnancy and postpartum, and specifically while breastfeeding. You can view the full ingredients list of ingredients in the chart to the right, as well as information about the specific benefits of some of the key ingredients in Prenate® Restore.
- Folic Acid – There are two forms of folate in Prenate® Restore: L-methylfolate and folic acid. In the United States, up to 53% of women have ￼impaired folic acid metabolism from a common genetic mutation.5 This means that they are unable to process folic acid. The L-methyfolate in Prenate® Restore is bioavailable for all women regardless of genetic status.6
- Vitamin D – Prenate® Restore also contains a level of vitamin D that meets or exceeds expert recommendations for this mineral.7,8 Vitamin D enables bone growth, promotes calcium absorption and influences skeletal and neurological development.7-11
- Calcium – There are two forms of calcium in Prenate® Restore: calcium formate (in the form of Formical®) and calcium carbonate. Formical® is absorbed more rapidly and more efficiently by the body than other forms.12 Bone mass that is often lost during breastfeeding may be replenished by calcium formate, which is more bioavailable than citrate or carbonate.12,13
- DHA – Women lose 50% of omega-3 stores during pregnancy. Prenate® Restore contains 400 mg of DHA, the most of any Prenate® vitamin, to help moms replenish those lost reserves.14 For mom, DHA reduces the risk of postpartum depression and improves sleep patterns.18-21 For baby, DHA improves cognitive and immune development, improves motor skills and inflammatory responses.14-17
- Probiotics – Prenate® Restore contains probiotics Bacillus coagulans in the form of LactoSpore®. Probiotics support gastrointestinal and immune health in baby and mom. For baby, the probiotics create an environment that supports the body’s immune response to allergens.22 Probiotics also colonize the gut and keep bacteria in balance, which can protect the baby from pathogens and prevent diarrhea.22-24 For mom, probiotics reduce intestinal gas and incidences of diarrhea.25,26 Moms also experience the benefit of keeping the good and bad bacteria in the gut in balance.
Prenatal Vitamin with Probiotics for All Stages of Pregnancy
Prenate® Restore is a once-a-day, lactose-free, gluten-free and sugar-free softgel. It is a prenatal vitamin with probiotics that supports expecting mothers during pregnancy and postpartum, and specifically while breastfeeding. Prenate® Restore also can help your baby achieve optimal physical growth and promotes brain, immune system and gut development.27-29
In addition to providing nutritional support for mothers and babies, the Prenate® Vitamin Family offers prenatal vitamin coupons for Prenate® Restore. Click here to get your coupon now and pay only $10 per prescription refill! Talk to your doctor today to see if Prenate® Restore is right for you.