Prenate® Approved Gifts for New & Expecting Moms
December 15, 2017
When you are making your Christmas gift list this year, pay special attention to the new or expecting moms in your life. Mothers spend so much of their time taking care of everyone else that you’ll want to make sure that they also get a little spoiled this holiday season. Check out our Prenate®-approved gift guide. These last-minute gifts are thoughtful, and are sure to be a win!
Gifts to Pamper
- Spa Day: Manicure, pedicure or massage – Being pregnant and delivering a baby both take extra energy, so pamper all the expecting and new moms you know! A massage or a mani-pedi is the perfect way for a new mom to unwind. • Oils & Lotions – Belly butter, nipple cream, fancy lip balm, hand cream
Every day can be a spa day at home with some good quality oils and lotions.
- Bath Essentials: Bath bombs, bubbles, luxury soaps and gels – Nothing soothes sore muscles better than a nice soak in a warm bath. Take that to the next level by pampering the new mom in your life with all her favorite bath products.
- Lounge Gear: Soft and cozy pajamas or stretchy yoga pants – Expecting moms who are nearing their due dates and mothers who are caring for newborns are likely to spend more time at home than usual. Give them the gift of comfort with a set of cozy pajamas that is cute as well as comfortable. Some good quality, stretchy yoga pants also are always appreciated.
- Photo Shoot: Session for parent(s) and baby with a professional photographer – What new parent doesn’t want to have pictures of their new sweet bundle of joy? This is a gift that will be treasured for a lifetime.
Gifts to Make Motherhood Easy
- Streaming TV Service: Hulu, Netflix, Roku – Who doesn’t need to unwind and binge watch their favorite TV shows? When women are caring for a newborn or preparing for labor, they often spend more time at home. Having a streaming service can help them pass the time by watching movies or their favorite television shows.
- Baby Food Blender: Baby bullet so making baby food is a breeze – New moms in particular want to be sure that their children are getting proper nutrition. They also want to know what’s going into their babies’ food. These baby blenders make whipping up batches of healthy baby food a breeze!
- Stroller Add-Ons: Phone holder or extra storage – Have you ever tried to hold your coffee, cell phone, purse and diaper bag all at the same time, and while pushing a stroller? Get the new mom in your life some stroller organizers to help make trips out with her baby easier.
- Designer Diaper Bag – When our parents were having babies they were stuck with limited options for diaper bags. Today there are tons of options that are functional and fashionable. For new moms, a fashionable diaper bag that doubles as a purse makes a great gift.
Always Useful Gifts
- Help Around the House – Probably one of the best gifts you can give a new mom is to arrange for someone to clean her house. The last thing most moms want to do – or have the energy to do – after taking care of a baby is to clean. You will be at the top of her nice list this year if you arrange for this wonderful gift!
- Home Cooked Meals or Restaurant Gift Cards – Everyone enjoys a home cooked meal, especially when it’s cooked by someone else. Make everyday life easy for new moms by bringing them yummy food in disposable containers that make cleanup easy. Just make sure to ask about any food restrictions or requests. If you don’t have time to make a meal yourself, restaurant gift cards are a great alternative.
- Offer a Sitter for a Day or Night– Sometimes new moms just need a break. It’s very important for new moms to step away sometimes to regroup and relax. Whether she takes time for a spa appointment or a date night with her special someone, your new mom will love you for watching her sweet baby. Plus you get to have time with new baby, and who doesn’t love that?
- Baby Essentials: Diapers, Wipes, Etc. – Newborn babies can go through an amazing number of diapers each day, and it doesn’t take long for the cost to add up. Diapers and wipes will always be used and needed. Help mom stock up on this essential.
Don’t Let the Holiday Rush Harm Your Prenatal Nutrition
As you try to finish up your shopping with last-minute gifts, it’s easy to neglect healthy eating habits. If you must eat out, try and go for healthier options such as salads, lean proteins and vitamin-rich vegetables, and remember to bring that water bottle along to help you stay hydrated! If you can’t avoid the temptation of a fast-food burger and fries, remember to take your Prenate® Vitamins to help fill nutritional gaps so you and your baby are getting the proper nutrition you both need this holiday season.