A Set of 12 Positive Birthing Affirmations
November 11, 2021No matter what birthing method you opt for, the power of positive thought can help your body respond comfortably and confidently during the labor process. Focusing on positive statements or birth affirmations can program your subconscious to tune into the strength and resiliency you need while giving birth.
Just as positive thoughts can help improve your birthing experience, negative ones could prolong labor.1 Instead of focusing on pain, control, and safety issues, concentrating on positive birthing affirmations can help remove emotional blocks so labor can progress. Here is a list of 12 positive birth affirmations to incorporate into your birth plan.
- I let my body and my baby set the pace.
- I quiet my mind and let my body give birth.
- I feel confident. I feel safe. I feel secure.
- I relax and my baby relaxes with me.
- My baby will fit.
- I look forward to giving birth.
- I trust my instincts.
- I am prepared to meet whatever turn my birthing plan takes.
- I can’t stop the waves, but I can learn to surf.
- With each deep breath, I feel better and better.
- I am a force to be reckoned with.
- Bring. It. On!
Affirmations for Your Partner
Positive birth affirmations aren’t just for moms. Several things can go through a partner’s mind during labor: Is she in pain? Will the baby be healthy? Is the nursery ready? Will I be a good parent? Positive birth affirmations can help empower partners to appreciate what’s taking place and to be a present source of support. Here are 12 positive birth affirmations for spouses and partners.
- I set all fears aside as I prepare to support my family.
- I anticipate our upcoming birth with joy and peace in my heart.
- I am fully present in each moment.
- My role in the birthing process is valuable and irreplaceable.
- My partner and I are the world’s best team.
- My partner, I, and our baby are doing this together.
- I have all the knowledge and skills I need to support my partner as she gives birth.
- My job is to guide, protect, and be watchful and patient.
- Together my partner and I can handle anything that comes our way.
- I set all fears aside as I prepare to welcome our baby.
- I am prepared to calmly meet any unexpected turns on our birth journey.
- I am relaxed and happy that our baby is finally coming.
So that you don’t forget them, create visual reminders of your affirmations. Download printable versions of these affirmations for yourself or your partner – or come up with your own and post them where you and your partner can see and recite them during delivery. This mind-body connection exercise can help you overcome any fear, exhaustion, anxiety, or pain you may experience.
Prenate® Vitamin Family
This post is brought to you by the Prenate® Vitamin Family, a line of prescription prenatal supplements designed to enhance preconception, prenatal, and postpartum nutrition in women. Talk with your doctor about how taking a daily prescription prenatal or postnatal vitamin could help support a healthy pregnancy and postpartum wellness.